Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Random Thoughts: Discouraged Newbie Blogger

Dear Fellow Newbie,

Being new to blogging is somehow difficult. There are instances that there will be low page views which might keep you dissuaded, there are instances when you will have second thoughts if your blog content doesn't appeal to your audience. The fact that there are more than 100 million bloggers out there who are more likable, more creative and more knowledgeable than you are,it may discourage you in continuing your blog and might drive you to think your working just a dump ready to populate the blogging industry.


cto theplanetd.com

First ask yourself WHY  DID YOU DECIDE TO BLOG?


Surely you've got a reason to blog. It maybe because you do want to share your experiences , your knowledge  or simply because you want to express yourself. As for me I decided to create a blog because I want to keep track of memories. Somehow I want to make my blog a portal to what I've been doing lately, I know it maybe weird for some and who would even care whatever I'm doing right? To prevent yourself from being discouraged, you have to know what is the main reason why you have decided to blog.

If you are blogging just because you want to earn through monetizing the blog, FORGET IT! It will only discourage you if you'll get fixated with the whole monetizing thingy.

Do you want to know why?


cto blog.endorphinadvisors.com
Yes, monetizing your blog is a great option, there is nothing wrong monetizing your blog. You can integrate your blog to Google Adsense, Infolinks, Bidvertiser or any other money generating ad companies, however if you'll just focus on monetizing it, you'll stress yourself. You'll get discouraged whenever no one clicks your ads. Your blogging will revolve around how to increase your page views, ad clicks, where will you post the ad banners, etc. Some people thought that by blogging you'll earn right away, well yes, maybe for some who's in the blogging industry for a couple of years and mind you you're not! As well as myself.

Just to set an expectation. You have to be tough if you want to pursue blogging, in any industry there will be a lot of factors that can hold you back. 
One of those is INTIMIDATION. It can either be criticism from other bloggers or you can get intimidated by other blogger's works or followers.

Here's what you can do:


1. Don't compare your works with other bloggers', instead of comparing, how about seek for tips?, Communicate to other bloggers. Join and participate to communities.
2. Accept the fact that there will be bloggers who can gain more followers than you, give it a time and hope for the best. Aim high! ☺
3. Accept criticism, negative or positive, it'll be a stepping stone!
4. Create the content from your heart! ♥♥♥

I don't know where my blogging frustration will lead me, but one thing's for sure I'll continue blogging in accordance to my reasons why and besides I thirst for learning!


No comments:

Post a Comment