Friday, October 10, 2014

Pan-fried Spicy Turmeric Chicken Recipe

Hey readers!
I've been cooking lately and from time to time I'm going to share some of my recipes. Today I'm going to share one of my favorites. I'd learn this recipe from a previous culinary class. This dish may look fancy but it's easy as 1-2-3! Hoping you guys would like it!

What you'll need?

1. Spicy Turmeric Marinade:


3 Tbs.            Apple Cider Vinegar            
5 Tbs.            Coconut Oil or Palm Oil      
3-4 Tbs.        Turmeric Powder                 
1 Tbs.            Brown Sugar                         
2 pcs.             Red Chilies ( sliced)                           
Tbs.            Fish Sauce                          
5 cloves         Garlic (chopped)
                      
(Note: you can add more garlic if you please, I love garlic so I usually add more.)


2. Your choice of either meat or poultry, I used CHICKEN. The marinade is also great with tenderloin. 

                    

Procedure:

1. In a bowl mix the apple cider vinegar, coconut oil, turmeric powder, brown sugar, chilies, fish sauce and garlic.
2. Prick the fillet with fork, so that it can absorb the marinade.
3. Combine the marinade and chicken in a ziplock bag, release the air out. After zipping the bag, make sure that the chicken fillet is coated by the marinade. Set a side for at least 30 minutes.
4. Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat, pan-fry the chicken fillet until it is caramelized don't over do it and you're done! 

Note: The marinade has oil in it,  it's alright if you don't add oil in the skillet when pan-frying. I love eating it with rice and Romanian lettuce. Eating it together with lettuce neutralizes the taste. 

So there you go! Enjoy! :) Let me know if you have tried this recipe comment below and don't forget to recommend! 




No comments:

Post a Comment